Full or partial rewires
When a property needs rewiring a professional approach is necessary.
Electrical rewiring is never a do-it-yourself job. Not only does non-certified or DIY electrical work put you, your loved ones, and your home and belongings at risk, but claims for damages resulting from the work are denied by insurance companies.
Don't take the risk. We are rewiring experts!
We complete numerous rewires every year, with our efficient and customer-friendly approach, a rewire does not need to be stressful.
Your home can remain liveable during the entire course of the work. We'll examine and test your current electrical installation the electrical wiring, socket outlets, lighting and all associated circuits.
Based on our findings, we will advise you of the extent of the work required either a partial rewire or full rewire.
We will give you an estimated time schedule for all work and keep you apprised of the progress. All work is guaranteed; we give a warranty covering all our work on any electrical installation. Certification and notification to building control is included in our pricing!
There are many reasons to suspect that you need to replace your electrical wiring. Click through to find out whether you could benefit from a professional assessment and rewire.
Age of installation
The average life span of a home's electrical system is 25 years. Inspections are recommended on any property older than 15 years. After 20 years it is common to find problematic wiring and sockets.
Signs of Potentially Dangerous Wiring
It's unsafe to run too many devices or large appliances plugged in to extension leads. If you find that you're relying too heavily on these, it may be prudent to wire in some new outlets.
Flickering lights are more often a circuitry problem than an issue within the light fixture itself.
Hot Outlets & Sockets
If your outlet is hot to the touch, it is not safe to use. Discontinue use until we come out to trouble-shoot it.
Obvious Heat Damage
Loose connections cause thermal damage, resulting in burns to surrounding areas. If you see scorching or discolouration, call us straight away!
Smoke or Burning Smells
Thermal damage easily results in the smell of burning plastic, rubber, or other synthetic burning scents. Call us straight away if you smell a burning you can't account for.
Frequent blown fuses/breaker
Overloading the circuit causes fuses or circuit breakers to blow. Proper wiring prevents this in most cases; appliances with high power demands are wired on special circuits to accommodate the demand. Using too many multi-outlet extension leads can contribute to this as well.
Buzzing, Hissing, or Flickering Sounds
Normally flowing electrical current should be silent. With some types of faulty wiring, jumping current produces audible sounds. These sounds indicate interruptions in your electrical current, which stress the system and lead to further problems.